"Keep hitting them doubles"
UK Darts Forum
Welcome to your new forum

More Categories to view when you Register

Registration is FREE

Thank you

"Keep hitting them doubles"
UK Darts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Darts Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

change of practice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
razzy

razzy

change of practice Empty
PostSubject: change of practice   change of practice EmptyTue 11 Jan - 19:12

hi wazza just wanted to pick your brain on practicing. im self employed so sometimes i may have all day to practice and other days may just get 30 mins .in the past ive had a set routine of round board singles ,bobs 27,round board scoring on trebles then some legs of 501 i try and replicate a match as much as i can by throwing for the bull if i hit it i get the darts darts in legs 1, 3, 5 where i have 21 darts in the other legs i have18 darts . at a comp reacently iwas talking to an ex county player who chalcked my game and after he told me to scrap my ragime and just throw for diferent doubles,trebles and singles but dont throw for t 20 .i tryed this for a couple of weeks but im getting so bored of it am i better off sticking with this or going back to my old routine if i want to become a better player . cheers razzy
Back to top Go down
Wazza

Wazza

change of practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: change of practice   change of practice EmptyTue 11 Jan - 21:00

Hi Razzy

Variation is always good. As my original mentor said, if you are making your practice time (be it 20 minutes are 2 hours) a job rather than fun then stop.

I did, if I didnt feel like practicing I wouldnt.. force yourself and you practice bad.
Anyway to your questions.
Yes alternate practice is very good as you learn to navigate the board better, I myself practice bull & finishes only. Being from Australia most of us have a similar way of practicing (unless have a practice partner)

You may have heard Simon on the TV say what he does for practice, same as when he was at come... so we practice, finishes, combination finishes and very important, bullseyes.
I would suggest to also practice "setting up" a finish from 200... eg: S20, bull a left finish of 130

I hope this helps but I stress the importance of practicing WHEN you want to not when you think you HAVE to as you will get disinterested in practice if you force yourself to throw
Back to top Go down
http://www.wazzasworldofdarts.com
daddycool

daddycool

change of practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: change of practice   change of practice EmptyTue 11 Jan - 21:08

I normally practice by playing round the board on singles then I try to take out 501 in 30 throws then round the board on doubles and then round the board on trebles. If I feel like it after that I start on 100 and practice taking that finish out and then once i have got it I progress onto 101 etc. Probably need to find a practice partner.
Back to top Go down
razzy

razzy

change of practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: change of practice   change of practice EmptyWed 12 Jan - 14:05

cheers for taking the time to reply fellas
Back to top Go down
Wazza

Wazza

change of practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: change of practice   change of practice EmptyThu 13 Jan - 9:46

daddycool wrote:
I normally practice by playing round the board on singles then I try to take out 501 in 30 throws then round the board on doubles and then round the board on trebles. If I feel like it after that I start on 100 and practice taking that finish out and then once i have got it I progress onto 101 etc. Probably need to find a practice partner.

daddycool, can you please keep your posts in the Dart Chat please as these forums are for members to ask players advice.

Thanks mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wazzasworldofdarts.com
Sponsored content

change of practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: change of practice   change of practice Empty

Back to top Go down

change of practice
Page 1 of 1