"Keep hitting them doubles"
UK Darts Forum
Welcome to your new forum

More Categories to view when you Register

Registration is FREE

Thank you

"Keep hitting them doubles"
UK Darts Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Darts Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help starting out ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Murphy1888

Murphy1888

Help starting out ? Empty
PostSubject: Help starting out ?   Help starting out ? EmptyTue 11 Jan - 21:34

Hi there, I have recently started playing darts and to be honest I am johnny rotten lol.

Have you got any tips I could use for starting off to be able to hit that number 20 each shot or even better the treble 20 ?

Any help at all would be great mate.

Thanks bounce
Back to top Go down
Wazza

Wazza

PostSubject: Re: Help starting out ?   Help starting out ? EmptyThu 13 Jan - 9:54

Murphy1888 wrote:
Hi there, I have recently started playing darts and to be honest I am johnny rotten lol.

Have you got any tips I could use for starting off to be able to hit that number 20 each shot or even better the treble 20 ?

Any help at all would be great mate.

Thanks bounce

Hi Murphy.. eye and hand co-ordination is 90%, I can tell you that you will hit a triple 20 mate, just dosent work like that.. even when Taylor started he was getting beat more than he won.

1st thing to do is get your stance comfortable, next is having the right set of darts (this is trial and error, best way to find it is throw darts in a dart shop) when you have a weight that you like the next step up is.. DO you feel it in your hand, if the answer is no, then that dart is great as its part of you (takes the worry of the feel of the dart out of your head)

Next ... ever seen the catapults on tele throwing boulders at a castle? If you have thats what you do with your throw,
You bring the dart back towards your face (not too far) and dont forget to keep your upper arm straight up and down... then as you push forward (dont drop that elbow) follow through, relkease the dart towards the double 20 (as it will drop to the tiple area by the time it reaches the board) BUT when you release the dart your arm must keep following through until your fingers are pointing at the board.

Once you get that throw consistant, the you can throw at the bull, then a dart in the 11 bull & 6 (going across the board, do the same down and up), keep those routines for the moment and let me know how you go. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.wazzasworldofdarts.com
Murphy1888

Murphy1888

PostSubject: Re: Help starting out ?   Help starting out ? EmptyThu 13 Jan - 10:06

Awesome mate much appreciated. I will be sure to give this a good try today
Back to top Go down
kbthfc

kbthfc

PostSubject: Re: Help starting out ?   Help starting out ? EmptySat 15 Jan - 15:56

just work on hitting the s20 dont tense up and panic just relax and focus on the single 20 as you get more experienced youl soon be battering that red bit i know i was and still am like u lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help starting out ?   Help starting out ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help starting out ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UK Darts Forum  :: Ask a Pro ! :: Ask Ackary !-
Jump to: